Have you ever experienced the runner’s high that comes with conquering a 5K?
There’s nothing quite like it. Whether it’s your first ever 5K, or your first in a long time, Fleet Feet has a beginner-friendly training program that will get you to the finish line of our most exciting 5K of the year: The Big Run! The Big Run 5K Training Program presented by Brooks culminates with the Big Run 5K on Global Running Day in June. More than a race, The Big Run is a celebration of running and the community it pulls together.
Come run with us! We know you can do it.
2023 Spring Season
Season: April 11th to June 3rd | Goal Race: The Big Run 5K
Times and Locations
Our Big Run 5k Training meets on Tuesdays at 6:00 PM and Saturdays at 8:00 AM. Group activities usually last 60-75 minutes, depending on the distance of the run/walk.
We will meet at Fleet Feet Aptos: 7960 Soquel Dr suite i, Aptos, CA 95003
Fleet Feet's team of experienced coaches will check in with you at every training run to keep track of your progress, keep you motivated, and give you individualized coaching. Training groups will be small, so you'll have plenty of one-on-one time with your coach.
The camaraderie of training with a group week after week will take your training to the next level. When the training gets more rigorous, you'll have the collective strength of the group to keep you moving forward. When you crush a key workout, the group will be there to celebrate your achievement. And on those early mornings when you just don't feel like getting out of bed, the training group will keep you accountable.
Join the Fleet Feet Training community on Facebook to plan more group runs throughout the week, share your accomplishments (and selfies!), seek encouragement, and empower others with a like or a comment!
What You Get
- Fleet Feet coaches will lead you through two key workouts per week, based out of Fleet Feet Aptos.
- Tuesday Group Speed Workouts: fully coached workout geared towards increasing aerobic fitness, strength, and speed.
- Saturday Long Workout: Gradually increase your mileage each week with guidance from your coach. It’s all about time on your feet.
- A day-by-day training plan with workouts for running/walking and recovery, which will keep you moving on the days in between.
- Educational clinics will be in person.
- We understand the connection with our community, we will have a private Facebook group page for you to connect with others. We love seeing your training photos!
- Did we mention store discounts, swag, raffles, product/shoe demos and community camaraderie?
No refunds after the first day of training.
Training fee does not include any race entry fee.
Connect With Us
see the latest from Fleet Feet Aptos