SHE TRAINS 2022
Santa Cruz, CA
REGISTRATION OPENS IN OCT!
Prepare and train for the 12th Annual She Is Beautiful Race Series with the support and camaraderie of Fleet Feet Running Club. In just 8 weeks, we will get your race ready for the She.Is.Beautiful 5K, 10K, or Half Marathon. The Launch Event is on Wed January 26th, 6:00 pm, at Fleet Feet Aptos. The first day of training is on Tue Feb 1st and ends on Fri March 25th.
- Fleet Feet coaches will lead you through two key workouts per week, based out of Fleet Feet Aptos and the Aptos High School Track.
- Tuesday Group Speed Workouts: fully coached workout geared towards increasing aerobic fitness, strength, and speed. A headlamp or flashlight is required at ALL Tuesday evening workouts.
- Saturday Long Workout: Gradually increase your mileage each week with guidance from your coach. It’s all about time on your feet.
- A day-by-day training plan with workouts for running/walking and recovery, which will keep you moving on the days in between.
- Educational clinics will be in person and/or virtual. These will be recorded and will be accessible at any time during your training.
- We understand the connection with our community, we will have a private Facebook group page for you to connect with others. We love seeing your training photos!
- You will also have access to a private Strava club created just for your training group.
- Did we mention store discounts, swag, training tee, raffles, product/shoe demos and community camaraderie?
- Launch Event: Wed Jan 26th, 6 pm, Fleet Feet Aptos
- When: Tue Feb 1st to Fri March 25th
- Where: Fleet Feet Aptos
- 5K/10K - Everyone!
- Half Marathon - Since this is an 8 week training for 13.1 miles, current long run mileage must be at 6 miles.
- Meet Up Dates: Tuesdays at 6 pm and Saturdays at 8 am
- Race: She.Is.Beautiful 5K/10K/Half Marathon. Cost of training does not include Race Registration
- Cost: $115 (does not include race registration or processing fees)
- Fun Stuff: Exclusive access to our Fleet Feet Aptos Hospitality Zone at the race, where we will have Recovery Fuel, Recovery Tools, and more for our trainees. Exclusive She Trains training tee, raffles, product/shoe demos and community camaraderie!
Due to Covid-19, we are making a few adjustments to our in person training program. We will be following local protocol regarding social distancing. Neck gaiters or masks must be carried by trainees at all times and used when necessary, according to current county protocol.
We also ask that if you are feeling unwell, to please stay at home.
You will not be able to leave any personal items in shared areas during your group training run. Please plan to bring all of your things with you, or plan to keep your things in your car.
*** IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL (have a cough, headache, runny nose, etc) WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE STAY HOME.
*** Masks or Neck Gaiters (folded or doubled up) must be carried at all times and used when necessary, according to current county protocol.
*** Due to Covid-19, Fleet Feet Aptos is unable to provide hydration or fuel. Trainees must carry their own fuel/hydration during the workouts.
*** No refunds after the first workout. No exceptions. Thank you for your understanding.
*** In the event of restrictions getting tightened, Fleet Feet Aptos will act accordingly to the current county requirements and make necessary adjustments to the training program, which may include transitioning into a Virtual Training program.
*** No children under the age of 18 unless accompanied by their guardian.
*** Please note, due to liability and safety concerns, we cannot allow dogs or strollers at Fleet Feet Training workouts.
*** The use of earbuds is discouraged, your coaches must be able to communicate with you at all times during training.
Any questions, please contact Training Coordinator Charissa Strickland at email@example.com