RUN FOR PIE 5K TRAINING
Sponsored by Hoka One One
It’s that time of the year to Run or Walk, for pie!
Come and train with us! Whether it’s your first 5K or not, having accountability and a community to train with is a big part of getting to the start line of any race. In just 8 weeks, we will get you race ready for our annual Run For Pie 5K race! All levels and abilities are welcome. Whether you are a runner, run/walker, or walker, this program is for you.
- Fleet Feet coaches will lead your group through two key workouts per week. Location will mainly be at Fleet Feet Aptos.
- Tuesday Group Speed Workouts: fully coached workout geared towards increasing aerobic fitness, strength, and speed.
- Saturday Long Workout: Gradually increase your mileage each week with guidance from your coach.
- A day-by-day training plan with workouts for running/walking and recovery will keep you moving on the days in between.
- Educational clinics will be in person and/or virtual. These will be recorded and will be accessible at any time during your training.
- We understand the connection with our community, we will have a private Facebook group page for you to connect with others. We love seeing your training photos!
- You will also have access to a private Strava club created just for your training group.
- Did we mention swag, training tee, raffles, product/shoe demos and community camaraderie?
- When: Tue Oct 5th to Wed Nov 24th
- Launch Event: Wed Sept 29th, 6 pm
- Who: Runners or Walkers who want to finish the Run For Pie 5K or stay in training shape
- Where: Fleet Feet Aptos or Aptos High Track
- Meet Up Days: Tues at 6 pm and Sat at 8 am
- Race: Run For Pie 5K. (Race registration is NOT included in training registration)
- Cost: $110 (Does not include processing fees and race registration fee)
- Fun Stuff: Training Tee, Product demos, raffles, swag, and community camaraderie
Join us for an outdoor Launch Event on Wednesday, Sept 29th at 6:00 pm, at Fleet Feet Aptos. Meet your coaches, get your questions answered, and take advantage of gear up specials starting this evening (if you have registered already). If you are still undecided about signing up, this is a great opportunity to find out more about the program. If you prefer, we can provide a Zoom meeting link, please reach out to our Training Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to Covid-19, we are making a few adjustments to our in person training program. We will be following local protocol regarding social distancing. Neck gaiters or masks must be carried by trainees at all times and used when necessary, according to current county protocol.
We also ask that if you are feeling unwell, to please stay at home.
You will not be able to leave any personal items in shared areas during your group training run. Please plan to bring all of your things with you, or plan to keep your things in your car.
*** IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL (have a cough, headache, runny nose, etc) WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE STAY HOME.
*** Masks or Neck Gaiters (folded or doubled up) must be carried at all times and used when necessary, according to current county protocol.
*** Due to Covid-19, Fleet Feet Aptos is unable to provide hydration or fuel. Trainees must carry their own fuel/hydration during the workouts.
*** No refunds after the first workout. No exceptions. Thank you for your understanding.
*** In the event of restrictions getting tightened, Fleet Feet Aptos will act accordingly to the current county requirements and make necessary adjustments to the Fall Distance training program, which may include transitioning into a Virtual training program.
*** No children under the age of 18 unless accompanied by their guardian.
*** Please note, due to liability and safety concerns, we cannot allow dogs or strollers at Fleet Feet Training workouts.
*** The use of earbuds is discouraged, your coaches must be able to communicate with you at all times during training.
ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE REACH OUT TO email@example.com