Rock Runners Fall 2021
Sponsored by Hoka One One
If you are looking to learn how to run, run/hike, or hike on a variety of our local trails, Rock Runners is for you. Over the course of 8 weeks, you will have 8 supported and coached trail runs or hikes, gradually increasing in distance and difficulty. We will be taking advantage of our local trails within Santa Cruz County. While it is helpful that you have been on trails before, it is not required. We do recommend the use of trail running shoes.
Do you have questions about Rock Runners? Come and join us for the In Person or Virtual Launch Event on Wednesday Oct 6th at 6:00 pm. Details can be found below. You can also email our training program coordinator at email@example.com.
- When: Saturdays only, Oct 9th - Nov 27th
- Launch Event: Wednesday Oct 6th, 6:00 pm - 6:30 pm, Fleet Feet Aptos. To attend virtually, your Zoom link is below.
- Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 896 6928 8113
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,89669288113#,,,,*5325422315# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,89669288113#,,,,*5325422315# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 896 6928 8113
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kd6lBpQno6
- Where: Fleet Feet Aptos (but we'll be meeting and hiking/running the trails in Nisene Marks and other local trails such as Wilder, Fall Creek, Pogonip, Mt. Madonna, etc. Some parks do require a parking fee. If you have a State Parks pass, bring it along. If not, bring cash for payment at the kiosks. Carpooling is discouraged unless you belong in the same household and are fully vaccinated. Use of masks is highly recommended)
- Who: Because of the "wild" nature of this training, there are a few prerequisites for joining the program:
- Currently running or hiking 3 - 4 days/wk. and a minimum of 45 - 50 minutes per run/hike
- Injury free and able to run/hike continuously for 3-4 miles on single track trails and HILLS
- Practical application and understanding of fueling and hydration (must carry HYDRATION and FUEL on ALL hikes/runs. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, Fleet Feet Aptos will be unable to provide hydration or fuel)
- *** See "Required Activity Level" below for additional details
- Meet Up Days: Saturdays 8 am
- Cost: $120 for 8 weeks (does not include processing fee)
- Virtual Educational Clinics: These will be LIVE on your Private Facebook Group Page and recorded.
- Rock Runners Facebook Group Page: We understand the connection with our community, we will have a private Facebook group page for you to connect with others. We love seeing your training photos!
- Strava Rock Runners Club page: You will also have access to a private Strava club created just for Rock Runners.
- Fun Stuff: Rock Runners Tech Tee, Store Discounts, Shoe/Product demos, Raffles, and Community Camaraderie!
REQUIRED ACTIVITY LEVEL:
- Group A: 10-11 Minute Per Mile Trail Pace Group (9 - 10 min/mile on road).
This group is for you if you can keep a running trail pace of 10 - 11 minutes per mile for 5+ miles.
- Group B: 11-12 Minute Per Mile Trail Pace Group (10 - 11 min/mile on road).
This group is for you if you can keep a running trail pace between 11 - 12 minutes per mile for 5+ miles running or run/walk intervals.
- Group C: 12-13 Minute Per Mile Trail Pace Group (11 - 12 min/mile on road).
This group is for you if you can keep a trail pace between 12 - 13 minute per mile, runner or run/hiker for 5+ miles. *Please Note: This group will be training by time rather than mileage in order to finish near the other groups.
- Group D: 14 Minute Per Mile and Above Trail Pace Group (13 min/mile and above on the road)
This group is for you if are a 14 minute per mile and above trail hiker for 3+ miles. *Please Note: This group will be training by time rather than mileage in order to finish near the other groups.
- We reserve the right to move trainees to an alternate pace group if necessary.
Due to Covid-19, we are making a few adjustments to our in person training program. We will be following local protocol regarding social distancing. Neck gaiters or masks must be carried by trainees at all times and used when necessary, according to current county protocol.
*** IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL (have a cough, headache, runny nose, etc) WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE STAY HOME.
*** Masks or Neck Gaiters (folded or doubled up) must be carried at all times and used when necessary, according to current county protocol.
*** Due to Covid-19, Fleet Feet Aptos is unable to provide hydration or fuel. Trainees must carry their own fuel/hydration during the workouts.
*** No refunds after the first workout. No exceptions. Thank you for your understanding.
*** In the event of restrictions getting tightened, Fleet Feet Aptos will act accordingly to the current county requirements and make necessary adjustments to the training program, which may include transitioning into a Virtual Training program.
*** No children under the age of 18 unless accompanied by their guardian.
*** Please note, due to liability and safety concerns, we cannot allow dogs or strollers at Fleet Feet Training workouts.
*** The use of earbuds is discouraged, your coaches must be able to communicate with you at all times during training.
Any questions, please contact Training Coordinator Charissa Strickland at firstname.lastname@example.org