VIRTUAL SPRING MARATHON TRAINING
Registration is now closed
Are you racing the Big Sur Marathon? Prepare and train virtually for your race with the support and camaraderie of Fleet Feet Running Club. This 16-week program will get you race ready for the Big Sur Marathon. All participants will get an effective and well-organized training experience with Fleet Feet certified coaches, written training schedule, weekly emails with instructional information, membership to PWR Lab for the duration of the training session (must be new to PWR Lab and have a Garmin, Polar, or Suunto watch), virtual educational clinics, access to your coaches virtually via email or Facebook, membership to a private Facebook training group page, and accountability! Details for your workouts will be laid out in your weekly newsletters.
When and where you do your workouts is up to you. The schedule you are provided is progressive, it will get you to the start line of the Big Sur Marathon, ready to race 26.2 miles.
This program is scheduled to begin on Sat January 11th and ends on Saturday April 25th. Race day for the Big Sur Marathon is Sun April 26th (this race is sold out, you must already be registered and have a bib in order to race).
- When: Sat January 11 - Sat April 25
- Who: Trainees who can consistently maintain a 13:45 minute/mile pace (this is the pace requirement in order to receive a Big Sur Marathon finishers medal and online certificate)
- Where: Up to you! We recommend that you have access to a track or a flat road to be able to run your speed intervals.
- Race: Big Sur Marathon (cost of training does not include race registration)
Early Bird - Register between now and December 28th: $250
Regular - Register after December 28th: $275
Any questions, please contact Training Coordinator/Head Coach Charissa Strickland at firstname.lastname@example.org
RULES and GUIDELINES
- No refunds or exchanges available after the first day of training.
- Race entry fee NOT included in the price of training