Get Up and Move
Have you always wanted to start a walking or running training program but are unsure of how to start? Have you always been intimidated by runners or walkers who seem like they know exactly what they are doing?
You have found the right group! Get Up and Move is a 29 day program that is designed to help you build long lasting habits, find balance, improve your fitness and feel great! tThis program is designed for beginners - we will help you reach your goal to walking or running, a mile or two. Once you are finished with Get Up and Move, you can easily transition to our next training program, She Trains. There is a 5K option which would be perfect for anyone finishing Get Up and Move!
Have questions? You can send an email inquiry to email@example.com and she will be happy to answer any questions you may have. You can also join us for the launch event on Thursday December 30th at 7 pm at Fleet Feet Aptos. You will get to meet your coaches, ask any questions you may have, and even take advantage of your Gear Up specials this evening before the launch event!
- Fleet Feet coaches will lead you through one Saturday workout per week, based out of Fleet Feet Aptos.
- Saturday Workout: You will gently increase your mileage each week with guidance from your coach. It’s all about time on your feet.
- A day-by-day training plan with workouts for running or walking and recovery, which will keep you moving on the days in between.
- Educational clinics will be in person at Fleet Feet right after your workout on Saturday mornings. These clinics are for you, to help educate you on the ins and outs of your continuing fitness journey.
- We understand the connection with our community, we will have a private Facebook group page for you to connect with others. We love seeing your training photos!
- You will also have access to a private Strava club created just for your training group.
- Did we mention store discounts, raffles, and community camaraderie?
- Launch Event: Thurs Dec 30th, 7 pm, Fleet Feet Aptos
- When: Sat Jan 1st to Sat Jan 29th
- Where: Fleet Feet Aptos
- Who: Anyone interested in starting a new fitness journey!
- Meet Up Dates: Saturdays at 8 am
- Cost: $50 (does not include processing fees). Register Here.
Due to Covid-19, we are making a few adjustments to our in person training program. We will be following local protocol regarding social distancing. Neck gaiters or masks must be carried by trainees at all times and used when necessary, according to current county protocol.
You will not be able to leave any personal items in shared areas during your group training run. Please plan to bring all of your things with you, or plan to keep your things in your car.
*** IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL (have a cough, headache, runny nose, etc) WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE STAY HOME.
*** Masks or Neck Gaiters (folded or doubled up) must be carried at all times and used when necessary, according to current county protocol.
*** Due to Covid-19, Fleet Feet Aptos is unable to provide hydration or fuel. Trainees must carry their own fuel/hydration during the workouts.
*** No refunds after the first workout. No exceptions. Thank you for your understanding.
*** In the event of restrictions getting tightened, Fleet Feet Aptos will act accordingly to the current county requirements and make necessary adjustments to the training program, which may include transitioning into a Virtual Training program.
*** No children under the age of 18 unless accompanied by their guardian.
*** Please note, due to liability and safety concerns, we cannot allow dogs or strollers at Fleet Feet Training workouts.
*** The use of earbuds is discouraged, your coaches must be able to communicate with you at all times during training.
Any questions, please contact Training Coordinator Charissa Strickland at firstname.lastname@example.org