VIRTUAL - SPRING DISTANCE TRAINING 2020
Prepare and train virtually for our Spring Distance training program with the support and camaraderie of Fleet Feet Running Club. This 16 week program will get you race ready for your race of choice: Capitola Half Marathon (Sun May 17) Big Sur 11/21 miler (Sun April 26), or Surfer's Path Marathon (Sun May 17) with option to include the She.Is.Beautiful 10K as a training race (race registrations not included). All participants will get an effective and well organized training experience with certified coaches, written training schedule, weekly emails with instructional information, membership to PWR Lab for the duration of the training session (must be new to PWR Lab an have a Garmin, Polar or Suunto watch), virtual educational clinics, access to your virtual coaches via email or Facebook, membership to a private Facebook training group page, and accountability! Details for your workout will be laid out in your weekly newsletters.
The schedule fo your workouts is up to you! But if you would like to do your workouts to coincide with our in-store trainees, they do their workouts on Saturday mornings (7:30 am/7:15 am/7:00 am) and Tuesdays at 6 pm. We do recommend that you follow the workout schedule so that your workouts coincide with the program. Coach Charissa will be going LIVE on the private training group page, during most announcements, where Coach Nancy will be giving in person workout instructions. You will be able to access these videos anytime on the private training group page.
Launch event is on Wed January 29th at Fleet Feet Aptos. We will be broadcasting LIVE on the private Facebook training group page. This program will begin Sat February 1st and ends on Sat May 16th.
Race day for the Capitola Half Marathon and Surfer's Path Marathon is Sun May 17th. Race bib registration is not included.
Race day for the Big Sur 11 and 21 miler is Sunday April 26th (the 11 and 21 miler race is sold out, to race, you must already have a bib registration).
We strongly recommend that you have had prior training before signing up for this Virtual program and that you have access to a Facebook account.
- When: Wed January 29th - Sat May 16th, 16 weeks of training
- Launch Event: Wednesday, January 29th 6:30pm–7:00pm at Fleet Feet Aptos, broadcasted LIVE via the private Facebook page. No workout! Find out more about the program, meet your coaches virtually, and ask us questions! If you are new to our training programs, it is highly recommended you watch.
- Who: Trainees who can consistently maintain a 16 minute/mile pace (if racing Capitola Half or Surfer's Path Marathon, please check their website for race pace requirement) or trainees who want to stay in training shape. For those who want to stay in training shape, we have a time based instead of a mileage based training schedule for you.
- Where: Up to you! We recommend that you have access to a track or a flat road to be able to run/walk your speed intervals.
- Race: Capitola Half Marathon, Big Sur 11/21 miler, or Surfer's Path Marathon, with option to race the She.Is.Beautiful 10K. Click on the race to register for a bib, they are not included in your training registration)
- Cost: 16 weeks, $275
Any questions, please contact Training Coordinator/Head Coach Charissa Strickland at email@example.com
*** For those wanting to train for the Big Sur 11 or 21 miler, you will receive a maintenance schedule for the ramaining time of training, after your race.
*** No refunds or exchanges available after the first day of training.
*** For participants under 18, please contact Training Coordinator Charissa
Strickland (firstname.lastname@example.org) before registering.
*** Please note, due to liability and safety concerns, we cannot allow dogs or strollers at Fleet Feet training workouts.