FALL HALF MARATHON TRAINING 2019 – Aptos
Join us for our Fall Half Marathon training program! This 12-week program will get you race ready for the Monterey Bay half marathon (race registration not included). All participants will get an effective and well-organized training experience with certified coaches and mentors, written training schedule, weekly emails with instructional information, special in store shopping discounts, membership to PWR Lab for the duration of the training session (must be new to PWR Lab and have a Garmin or Suunto watch), educational clinics, hydration at each workout, shoe demos, raffle prizes, and an atmosphere of fun and encouragement!
Workouts are held Saturday mornings at 8 amat Fleet Feet Aptos and Tuesdays at 6 pm at either Fleet Feet Aptos or at the Aptos High School track. Details for your workout will be laid out in your weekly newsletters. Part of your training will also get you prepared for the San Jose Rock n’ Roll 10K (race registration not included), which is the perfect training race for the Monterey Bay Half Marathon!
Launch Event is on Wed Aug 21st at Fleet Feet Aptos.
Program begins Sat August 24 and ends on Sat November 9. Race Day is Sun November 10.
- When: August 21 – November 9
- Informational kick-off: Wednesday, August 21st 6:30pm–7:00pm at Fleet Feet Aptos. No workout! Find out more about the program this evening. Meet your coaches/mentors and take advantage of gear up specials so that you have all you need for the first day of training.
- Who: Trainees who can maintain a 16 minute/mile pace on their longest training day or trainees who want to stay in training shape. For those who want to stay in training shape, we have the time based instead of a mileage based training schedule for you.
- Where: Fleet Feet Aptos & Aptos High track
- Meet Up Dates: Tuesdays at 6pm + Saturdays at 8am
- Race: Monterey Bay Half Marathon with option to race the SJ Rock n Roll 10K (race registration NOT included for either race)
- Cost: Early Bird pricing: $139 when you register by August 4
After August 4 Regular $155
*** No refunds or exchanges available after the first day of training.
*** Please note, due to liability and safety concerns, we cannot allow dogs or strollers at Fleet Feet Training workouts.
*** For participants under 18, please contact Training Coordinator Charissa Strickland (firstname.lastname@example.org) before registering.