Fall Half Marathon and 10K Training
Register by July 31 to get $10 off with code: earlybirdrnr
Join us for our always popular Brooks Rock n Roll training program. This 10 week program will get you ready for either the fast and flat Rock n Roll San Jose half marathon or 10K course. (Race registration not included).
All participants will get an effective and well-organized training experience with Fleet Feet certified coaches, mentors and a whole lotta fun! Workouts are held Saturday mornings at 7:30am at Fleet Feet Sports Aptos, and again on Tuesdays at 6 pm at either Fleet Feet Sports
Aptos or at the Aptos High School track, make sure to check out the weekly newsletters to know where we will be meeting each week.
Each participant will receive a technical tee (size guaranteed if registered by Wed Aug 1 st ), coaching at each group workout, educational seminars, and a comprehensive training schedule to prepare them to get on the course and ROCK IT.
Launch Event on Wed Aug 1st . This program will begin Sat August 4th . Race Day is Sunday October 7th .
- 10 weeks of instruction on proper form, hydration, nutrition, injury prevention, race prep and recovery
- Written schedule
- Weekly email with instructional information
- Instructional and motivational coaching
- Electrolyte and water at each workout
- An atmosphere of fun and encouragement
Workouts: Saturdays at 7:30 am & Tuesdays at 6 pm
This group will be open to Run/Walkers, and Runners who can maintain at least a 18 min/mile pace. We recommend coming into the training being able to run or run/walk 5 miles. For participants under 18, please contact Head Coach, Charissa Strickland (firstname.lastname@example.org) before registering. Coaching for each pace group will be provided in a safe and encouraging atmosphere.
- When: August 4 - October 6
- Informational kick-off: Wednesday, August 1 6:30pm–7:00pm at Fleet Feet Aptos
Find out more about the program. Meet your coaches and mentors, get your training schedule and take advantage of gear up specials starting this evening.
- Note: Half Marathon Trainees only: Must be able to maintain 18 min/mile pace during long workout on Saturdays. This is the pace requirement for the SJ Rock n Roll course
- Where: Fleet Feet Aptos and Aptos High School Track
- Meet Up Dates: Tuesdays at 6pm + Saturdays at 7:30 am
- Race: San Jose Rock n Roll Half Marathon or 10K (race entry not included)
- Cost: $100 for half marathon training or $90 for 10K training (t-shirt included for either)
Get $10 off when you use code earlybirdrnr to register by July 31
- FFRC patch earned with 80% attendance (13.1 finish or 10 finish):