Fall 5K Training Program
Are you planning on running or walking a Turkey Trot this Thanksgiving? Come and train with us! Whether it’s your first 5K or not, having accountability and a community to train with is a big part of getting to the start line of any race. In just 8 weeks, we will get you “race ready” for any Thanksgiving 5K race! All levels and abilities are welcome. Whether you are a runner, run/walker, or walker, this program is for you. The first day of training is on Tuesday October 4th. Have questions? You can email our training program coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fleet Feet coaches will lead you through two key workouts per week, based out of Fleet Feet Aptos and the Aptos High School Track.
- Tuesday Group Speed Workouts: fully coached workout geared towards increasing aerobic fitness, strength, and speed.
- Saturday Long Workout: Gradually increase your mileage each week with guidance from your coach. It’s all about time on your feet.
- A day-by-day training plan with workouts for running/walking and recovery, which will keep you moving on the days in between.
- Educational clinics will be in person and/or virtual. These will be recorded and will be accessible at any time during your training.
- We understand the connection with our community, we will have a private Facebook group page for you to connect with others. We love seeing your training photos!
- You will also have access to a private Strava club created just for your training group.
- Did we mention store discounts, swag, training tee, raffles, product/shoe demos and community camaraderie?
- Launch Event: Thurs Sept 29th, 6 pm, Fleet Feet Aptos
- When: Tue Oct 4th to Wed Nov 23rd, 8 weeks
- Where: Fleet Feet Aptos
- Who: Runners or walkers who want to finish any Thanksgiving 5K race or stay in training shape.
- Meet Up Dates: Tuesdays at 6 pm and Saturdays at 8 am
- Race: Any Thanksgiving 5K. Cost of training does not include Race Registration
- Cost: $100 (does not include race registration or processing fees). REGISTER HERE.
- Fun Stuff: Training tee, raffles, product/shoe demos and community camaraderie!
Due to Covid-19, we are making a few adjustments to our in person training program. We will be following local protocol regarding social distancing.
You will not be able to leave any personal items in shared areas during your group training run. Please plan to bring all of your things with you, or plan to keep your things in your car.
*** IF YOU ARE FEELING UNWELL (have a cough, headache, runny nose, etc) WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE STAY HOME.
*** Masks or Neck Gaiters (folded or doubled up) must be carried at all times and used when necessary, according to current county protocol.
*** Fleet Feet Aptos will provide water at our store location for refilling vessels. Trainees must carry their own fuel/hydration during the workouts.
*** No refunds after the first workout. No exceptions. Thank you for your understanding.
*** In the event of restrictions getting tightened, Fleet Feet Aptos will act accordingly to the current county requirements and make necessary adjustments to the training program, which may include transitioning into a Virtual Training program.
*** No children under the age of 18 unless accompanied by their guardian.
*** Please note, due to liability and safety concerns, we cannot allow dogs or strollers at Fleet Feet Training workouts.
*** The use of earbuds is discouraged, your coaches must be able to communicate with you at all times during training.
Any questions, please contact Training Coordinator Charissa Strickland at email@example.com