SPRING DISTANCE TRAINING
Join us for our Spring Distance Training Program! This 16 week program will get you race ready for your race of choice: Capitola Half Marathon (Sun May 17), Big Sur 11/21 miler (Sun April 26), or Surfer's Path Marathon (Sun May 17) with option to include the She.Is.Beautiful 5K/10K as a training race (race registrations not included). All participants will get an effective and well-organized training experience with certified coaches and mentors, written training schedule, weekly emails with instructional information, special in store shopping discounts, membership to PWR Lab for the duration of the training session (must be new to PWR Lab and have a Garmin, Polar, Suunto watch), educational clinics, hydration at each workout, shoe demos, raffle prizes, exclusive training tee, and an atmosphere of fun and encouragement! Workouts are held Saturday mornings (7:30 am/7:15 am/7:00 am) at Fleet Feet Aptos and Tuesdays at 6 pm at either Fleet Feet Aptos or at the Aptos High School track (until Daylight Savings takes effect, headlamps/flashlights/reflective wear is required). Details for your workout will be laid out in your weekly newsletters. Part of your training will also get you prepared for the She.Is.Beautiful 5K/10K (race registration not included), which is a perfect training race for any distance above!
Launch event is on Wed January 29th at Fleet Feet Aptos. This program will begin Sat February 1st and ends on Saturday May 16th.
Race Day for the Capitola Half Marathon and Surfer's Path Marathon is Sun May 17th. Race registration is not included.
Race Day for the Big Sur 11 and 21 miler is Sun April 26th (the 11 and 21 miler race is sold out, you must already be registred in order to race).
- WHEN: Wed Jan 29, 2020 – Sat May 16, 2020
- WHERE: Fleet Feet Aptos and Aptos High School Track
- WHO: Trainees who can consistently maintain a 16:00 minute/mile pace (if racing the Capitola Half or Surfer's Path Marathon, please check their website for race pace requirements) or trainees who want to stay in training shape. For those who want to stay in training shape, we have the time based instead of a mileage based training schedule for you.
- MEET UP DAYS:
– Saturdays at 7:00 am/7:15 am/7:30 am at Fleet Feet Aptos and possible off site workout location TBD
– Tuesdays at 6 pm at Fleet Feet Aptos or Aptos High School Track (location will be announced each week in training newsletter). Headlamps/flashlights/reflective wear is required until Daylight Savings takes effect.
- GOAL RACE: Capitola Half Marathon, Big Sur 11/21 miler/Surfer's Path Marathon with option to race the She.Is.Beautiful 10K race within your training schedule (race registration is NOT included in the training registration)
- COST: 16 weeks, $275
- LAUNCH EVENT: Wed January 29th at 6:30 pm - 7:00 pm at Fleet Feet Aptos. No workout! Find out more about the program this evening. Meet your coaches/mentors and take advantage of gear up special so that you have all you need for the first day of training. If you are new to our training programs, it is highly recommended you attend!
RULES and GUIDELINES
- For those wanting to train for the Big Sur 11 or 21 miler, you will recieve a maintenance schedule for the remaining time of training, after your race.
- No refunds or exchanges available after the first day of training.
- Please not, due to liability and safety concerns, we cannot allow dogs or strollers at Fleet Feet workouts.
- For participants under 18, please contact Training Coordinator/Head Coach Charissa Strickland at firstname.lastname@example.org before registering.
- Race entry fees are not included in the price of training
Any questions, please contact Training Coordinator/Head Coach Charissa Strickland at email@example.com