ASICS NovaBlast 2
Men's | ASICS Novablast 3
- Surface: Road, Gyms, Flats
- Category: Neutral Cushioned – Intended for runners who have a higher, more stable arch that does not pronate excessively(roll inwards) or may even supinate(roll outwards). Neutral Cushioned shoes offer very little or no structure or pronation support and are generally more flexible than stability shoes. Runners who require a neutral shoe tend to notice more excessive wear on the lateral(outside) side of the soles of their running shoes. Neutral shoes can vary from lightweight and minimal cushioning to maximum levels of cushioning depending on the needs and preferences of the runner. Runners with high/stable arches tend to notice pain on the outside(lateral side) of their shins and knees and may also battle plantar fasciitis if not wearing a neutral cushioned shoe.
- Flytefoam Blast is a lightweight midsole foam that delivers responsive propulsion and a soft landing.
- AHARPLUS rubber outsole has twice the abrasion resistance of ASICS traditional outsole rubber for improved durability and traction.
- Double Jacquard Mesh Upper supports the foot while remaining highly breathable for a fast, premium running experience.
- Weight: 10.2oz
4.3/5 on 3 total reviews
Love the shoes, but had to have them shipped to house bc size was not in stock at local store. Shoes feel great and will purchase again when time comes.
Overall, the Asics Novablast 2 is a well conceived alternative to those other highly cushioned running shoes. Asics proprietary foam is unique to other shoes in that there is sufficient response combined with an abundance of cushion. And, it's especially kind to heel strikers like myself. Two knocks, though, and room for improvement would be to use a lighter material on the upper and, more importantly get the sizing right. I usually wear size 10 medium and the shoes are definitely sized more to 10.5 and towards a wide width. Next pair I will try sizing down a half size. But good on Asics for pushing the envelope in this category for us runners over age 50.
Very soft shoe, but at the same time extremely responsive to pick up the pace. I really like the fit, except for the toebox that is a bit compressed. Definently improved comfort compared to the original Novablast which ran a whole size bigger. I would recommend this shoe for daily training or speedwork.