Refine your running form with the Running Dynamics Pod.
Clip this discreet and lightweight running tech onto your waistband and sync it with your Garmin watch to get detailed insights into your cadence, stride length, ground contact time, balance, vertical oscillation and more. Its advanced accelerometer calculates essential metrics, while ANT+® connectivity links to the Garmin Connect™ app, so you can track your progress over time and perform better on race day.
- Computes and sends six running dynamics metrics to your compatible device
- Battery life: replaceable battery lasts up to 1 year (assuming 1 hour daily use)
- Automatically turns itself on and off
- Tiny size: at less than 0.5 ounces, you’ll forget it’s there
- Compatible devices connect with the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app to automatically sync your data and connect with others
Garmin Running Dynamics Pod
Unit dimensions (pod in clip): 1.5" x 0.9" x 0.8" (37.6 mm x 23.2 mm x 19.2 mm)
User-replaceable CR1632 battery that lasts up to 1 year (assuming 1 hour per day of use)
What It Tracks
The Running Dynamics Pod has an accelerometer in the module that measures torso movement to calculate these six running metrics:
- Cadence: The number of steps per minute. It displays the total steps (right and left combined).
- Ground Contact Time Balance: Displays the left/right balance of your ground contact time while running. It shows a percentage, e.g., 53.2 with an arrow pointing left or right.
- Stride Length: The length of your stride from 1 footfall to the next. It is measured in meters.
- Vertical Oscillation: Your bounce while running. It displays the vertical motion of your torso, measured in centimeters for each step.
- Vertical Ratio: The ratio of vertical oscillation to stride length. It shows a percentage. A lower number typically indicates better running form.
- Ground Contact Time: The amount of time in each step that you spend on the ground while running. It is measured in milliseconds.
Running Dynamics Pod