Garmin Instinct Solar
Do what you love, longer with Instinct Solar. This rugged GPS smartwatch boasts solar charging —giving incredible battery life in smartwatch and Expedition modes while outdoors. Monitor how your body uses energy by tracking heart rate, stress, estimated sleep and Pulse Ox(this is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition)—which helps give you a better understanding of your health and wellness. Get more out of the sports you love with pre-loaded activity profiles such as running, biking, swimming and more. Smart notifications(when paired with a compatible smartphone)at the wrist keep you connected to what matters. Multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) help you track wherever your adventures take you.
- Vastly extended battery life through solar charging
- Rugged GPS watch is water-rated to 100 meters and constructed to U.S. military standard 810 for thermal, shock and water resistance
- Built-in 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter plus multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) track in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- Track your activities for running, biking, swimming, strength and more
- Help understand your health and wellness better with all-day health monitoring and Pulse Ox(this is not a medical device and is not intended for use in the diagnosis or monitoring of any medical condition)
- Monitor how your body uses energy by tracking heart rate, stress and sleep estimates with Body Battery™ energy monitoring
Smartwatch: Up to 24 days/54 days with solar
*Battery Saver Watch Mode: Up to 56 days/Unlimited with solar
*GPS: Up to 30hrs/38 hrs with solar
**Max Battery GPS Mode: Up to 70hrs/145hrs with solar
**Expedition GPS Activity: Up to 28 days/68 days with solar
**Solar charging, assuming all-day wear with 3 hours per day outside in 50,000 lux conditions
**Solar charging, assuming use in 50,000 lux conditions
5/5 on 2 total reviews
GREAT FOR WHAT I USE IT FOR . SO FAR SO GOOD!!! HAVE RECV'D COMPLIMENTS AND HAVE BRAGGING RTS FOR THE SOLAR CHARGING FEATURE. NOT TO MENTION ALL THE OTHER GREAT STUFF IT'S CAPABLE OF .THNX!!!!
I was in the market for a watch with a battery that would last me an entire ultramarathon, plus basic mapping features and ABCs (altimeter, barometer, compass) for backpacking trips and training runs on the trails. About a month after purchasing, the Instinct Solar seems to check all the boxes. If I put the watch into power-saving mode (no GPS, no phone connection, no heart rate monitoring), it looks like it will last 59 days. When I'm using it normally (pulse ox off, heart rate on, 5-6 hours per week of GPS use), it has about a three-week lifespan between charges. And while I haven't used it for an ultra or a backpacking trip quite yet, the manual says I should get 70 hours of continuous GPS use, with an additional 70 hours if I'm in the sun for a decent period of time, for a total of six full days! Overall, it's a big step up from my last Garmin, the Forerunner 235, which I purchased for $250 three years ago - so the price isn't even a huge jump. I'm also impressed by advanced features like Stress Level, Body Battery and REM Sleep, which the Forerunner 235 did not have. It's taking me some extra time to get used to some of the new widgets (like the breadcrumb trail and the route mapping), but the more I use it, the more I'll get used to it. I'll make sure to update as I go on more trips!