Garmin Forerunner 965
Train and perform your best with the Forerunner 965, Garmin's most advanced running and triathlon GPS smartwatch.
Train brilliantly with the Garmin Forerunner 965 whether you’re working toward a new personal best in triathlon, trying to build a running habit that sticks or want to get a fuller picture of your health and wellness.
When you know how to get the most out of your Garmin running watch, it can be the perfect tool to help step up your training. That’s why the Forerunner 965 is consistently one of the best GPS watches for runners.
Garmin took the 965 and upgraded it with a brilliant AMOLED touchscreen display along with traditional button controls and a lightweight titanium bezel. The new screen along with full-color, built-in maps and multi-band GPS lets you confidently run any route whether you’re just starting to trail run or navigating through an ultramarathon course.
If you happen to wander off course, multi-band GNSS with SatIQ™ technology provides superior accuracy in challenging environments while also optimizing the device’s battery life. Plus, safety and tracking features like incident detection can send a message with your live location to emergency contacts when paired with your smartphone (requires setup and your smartphone to be in an area with network coverage where data connectivity is available).
From the 5K to marathon training, the Forerunner 965 can track your sleep quality, recovery, training load, recent performance and heart rate variability status to determine if you’re primed to train hard that day or need to take a break (data presented is intended to be a close estimation of metrics tracked).
As race day approaches, plan your racing strategy and pacing with personalized daily suggested workouts based on the distance and course that you input into the Garmin Connect™ app and view using the race widget on your watch.
And when the going gets tough, listen to phone-free music (up to 2000 songs) from your Forerunner 965 for motivation. Once your run is over, reward yourself with a coffee and pay using Garmin Pay™ contactless payments.
For the triathlete moving from one workout to the next, the Forerunner 965 can easily switch between sports with the press of a button by using built-in profiles for triathlons, duathlons, brick workouts and swimruns. You can even customize your own multisport profiles.
If you’re looking to improve your running form and cadence, the 965 also gives you wrist-based running dynamics and running power including cadence, stride length, ground contact time and more.
Once you strap this premium running watch onto your wrist, it will be a long time before it needs to be recharged—the Forerunner 965 outshines the competition with a battery life of up to 23 days in smartwatch mode and up to 31 hours in GPS mode.
Garmin Forerunner 965
47.1 x 47.1 x 13.2 (mm), display is 1.4" (35 mm) diameter
5 ATM; waterproof
Heart Rate Monitor
Yes; wrist-based monitor
Corning® Gorilla® Glass DX
1.4” AMOLED Touch Screen
Yes (iPhone, Android); Smart notifications
22mm with quick release straps; Fits wrists with a circumference of 130-220 mm
Garmin upgraded the Forerunner 965 to be their most advanced GPS running and triathlon smartwatch ever. New features include:
- AMOLED touchscreen display
- 1.4” diameter display
- Touch screen and side control buttons
- Longer battery life
- Multi-band GPS
- Heart rate variability
- Training Readiness
- Race widget
- Morning report
- On-device running power
Heath and Wellness Features
- Monitor respiration, Pulse Ox, stress, fitness age, stress monitoring advanced sleep (with sleep stages), relaxation breathing timer and 24/7 heart rate (with user-configurable alerts for high or low readings).
- Wrist-based heart rate monitor that will give you alerts for abnormally high or low heart rates.
- Monitor activity throughout the day with step counting, calories burned, intensity minutes and more.
- Body Battery energy monitoring shows the body’s current energy level, which can help with scheduling workouts, big events and understanding when it is time to slow down.
- Women’s health tracking lets you use the Garmin Connect app to track your menstrual cycle or pregnancy. Log symptoms, get exercise and nutrition education, and more.
- Health Snapshot lets you log a two-minute session to record key stats, including heart rate, heart rate variability, Pulse Ox, respiration and stress. Then it generates a report with those stats to share via the Garmin Connect app on your compatible smartphone.
Sport App Activities
- Includes built-in indoor sports apps for treadmill running, indoor track running, yoga, strength, HIIT, Pilates, cardio, elliptical training, stair stepping, floor climbing, indoor rowing, bouldering, eBiking, eMountain Biking, indoor biking.
- Includes built-in outdoor sports apps for running, outdoor track running, trail running, virtual running, ultra running, biking, road biking, mountain biking, gravel biking, bike commuting, bike touring, cyclocross, pool swimming, open water swimming, swimming/running, golfing, hiking, climbing, skiing, snowboarding, backcountry skiing, XC classic skiing, XC skate skiing, stand up paddleboarding, rowing, kayaking, snowshoeing, mapping, navigating, tennis, pickleball, padel, track me, project waypoint.
- Multi-frequency positioning
- Garmin Elevate™ Wrist Heart Rate Monitor
- Barometric Altimeter
- Pulse Ox Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor
Forerunner 965, Power/Data Cable, Documentation