Garmin Forerunner 955 Solar
Outshine and outlast the competition. The Forerunner 955 Solar has up to 20 days of battery life in smartwatch mode to help you train and perform at your best.
Outshine and outlast the competition with the Garmin Forerunner 955 Solar.
From sleep to training to long races, you’ll never worry about your GPS watch dying mid-adventure. The 955 Solar uses a Power Glass™ solar charging lens to extend battery life, giving you up to 20 days in smartwatch mode.
Better training starts with better data. The Forerunner 955 Solar levels up your standard running watch features like pace, distance and heart rate by adding advanced running and health metrics to give you a full picture of how your training, performance and recovery is going. The running power feature shows how hard you’re pushing, and training readiness lets you know when you’re at your best or when it’s time to take a break.
Have a big race coming up? Use the race widget to plan your strategy with daily suggested workouts, course details and more. Full color maps from streets to trails let you confidently run your route or follow a course so you’ll never get lost. Plus, the 955 Solar uses multi-band GPS to give you better tracking no matter where your training takes you.
With the lightweight Forerunner 955 Solar on your wrist, you can easily navigate through your maps and metrics using the touch-screen display or the traditional button controls on each side. And when the going gets tough, listen to phone-free music (up to 2,000 songs) from your Forerunner 955 Solar for some extra motivation. Once your run is over, reward yourself with a coffee and pay using Garmin Pay™ contactless payments.
A do-it-all premium smartwatch for serious athletes, the Garmin Forerunner 955 Solar is a favorite among up-at-dawn runners and long-haul triathletes.
Not sure which Garmin is right for you? Not sure which Garmin is best for you? See our comparison of Garmin GPS watches.
Garmin Forerunner 955 Solar
46.5 x 46.5 x 14.4 (mm), display is 1.3" (33 mm) diameter
*Solar charging, assuming all-day wear with 3 hours per day outside in 50,000 lux conditions
** Solar charging, assuming use in 50,000 lux conditions
5 ATM; waterproof
Heart Rate Monitor
Yes; wrist-based monitor
Corning® Gorilla® Glass DX
Yes (iPhone, Android); Smart notifications
22mm with quick release straps; Fits wrists with a circumference of 130-220 mm
Heath and Wellness Features
- Monitor respiration, Pulse Ox, stress, fitness age, stress monitoring advanced sleep (with sleep stages), relaxation breathing timer and 24/7 heart rate (with user-configurable alerts for high or low readings).
- Wrist-based heart rate monitor that will give you alerts for abnormally high or low heart rates.
- Monitor activity throughout the day with step counting, calories burned, intensity minutes and more.
- Body Battery energy monitoring shows the body’s current energy level, which can help with scheduling workouts, big events and understanding when it is time to slow down.
- Women’s health tracking lets you use the Garmin Connect app to track your menstrual cycle or pregnancy. Log symptoms, get exercise and nutrition education, and more.
- Health Snapshot lets you log a two-minute session to record key stats, including heart rate, heart rate variability, Pulse Ox, respiration and stress. Then it generates a report with those stats to share via the Garmin Connect app on your compatible smartphone.
Sport App Activities
- Includes built-in indoor sports apps for treadmill running, indoor track running, yoga, strength, HIIT, Pilates, cardio, elliptical training, stair stepping, floor climbing, indoor rowing, bouldering, eBiking, eMountain Biking, indoor biking.
- Includes built-in outdoor sports apps for running, outdoor track running, trail Running,virtual running, ultra running, biking, road biking, mountain biking, gravel biking, bike commuting, bike touring, cyclocross, pool swimming, open water swimming, swimming/running, golfing, hiking, climbing, skiing, snowboarding, backcountry skiing, XC classic skiing, XC skate skiing, stand up paddleboarding, rowing, kayaking, snowshoeing, mapping, navigating, tennis, pickleball, padel, track me, project waypoint.
- Multi-frequency positioning
- Garmin Elevate™ Wrist Heart Rate Monitor
- Barometric Altimeter
- Pulse Ox Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor
Garmin upgraded the Forerunner 955 to be their most advanced GPS running and triathlon smartwatch ever. New features include:
- Longer battery life including Solar options.
- Touch screen and side control buttons
- Multi-band GPS
- Heart rate variability
- Training Readiness
- Race widget
- Morning report
- On-device running power