Garmin Forerunner 955
Train and perform your best with the Forerunner 955, Garmin's most advanced running and triathlon GPS smartwatch.
Push your limits with the Garmin Forerunner 955. Upgraded from the Garmin Forerunner 945, the Forerunner 955 comes packed with new features to help you train and perform your best.
Better training starts with better data. The Forerunner 955 levels up your standard running watch features like pace, distance and heart rate by adding advanced running and health metrics to give you a full picture of your training, performance and recovery. The running power feature shows how hard you’re pushing and training readiness lets you know when you’re at your best and when it’s time to take a break.
Have a big race coming up? Plan your strategy with daily suggested workouts, course details and more using the race widget. Full color maps from streets to trails let you confidently run your route or follow a course so you’ll never get lost. Plus, 955 uses multi-band GPS to give you better tracking no matter where your training takes you.
With the lightweight Forerunner 955 on your wrist, you can easily navigate through your maps and metrics using either the touch-screen display or traditional button controls on each side. And when the going gets tough, listen to phone-free music (up to 2000 songs) from your Forerunner 955 for motivation. Once your run is over, reward yourself with a coffee and pay using Garmin Pay™ contactless payments.
From sleep to training to long races, never worry about your GPS watch dying. The 955’s battery life can last up to 15 days in smartwatch mode to give you a full picture of your performance and health. Need even more juice? Garmin now offers a Forerunner 955 Solar option for up to 20 days of battery life.
A do-it-all premium smartwatch for serious athletes, the Garmin Forerunner 955 is a favorite among up-at-dawn runners and conditioned-for-pain triathletes.
Not sure which Garmin is best for you? See our comparison of Garmin GPS watches.
Need more battery life? Check out the Garmin Forerunner 955 Solar. With solar charging it can last up to 20 days in smartwatch mode.
Garmin Forerunner 955
46.5 x 46.5 x 14.4 (mm), display is 1.3" (33 mm) diameter
5 ATM; waterproof
Heart Rate Monitor
Yes; wrist-based monitor
Corning® Gorilla® Glass DX
Yes (iPhone, Android); Smart notifications
22mm with quick release straps; Fits wrists with a circumference of 130-220 mm
Heath and Wellness Features
- Monitor respiration, Pulse Ox, stress, fitness age, stress monitoring advanced sleep (with sleep stages), relaxation breathing timer and 24/7 heart rate (with user-configurable alerts for high or low readings).
- Wrist-based heart rate monitor that will give you alerts for abnormally high or low heart rates.
- Monitor activity throughout the day with step counting, calories burned, intensity minutes and more.
- Body Battery energy monitoring shows the body’s current energy level, which can help with scheduling workouts, big events and understanding when it is time to slow down.
- Women’s health tracking lets you use the Garmin Connect app to track your menstrual cycle or pregnancy. Log symptoms, get exercise and nutrition education, and more.
- Health Snapshot lets you log a two-minute session to record key stats, including heart rate, heart rate variability, Pulse Ox, respiration and stress. Then it generates a report with those stats to share via the Garmin Connect app on your compatible smartphone.
Sport App Activities
- Includes built-in indoor sports apps for treadmill running, indoor track running, yoga, strength, HIIT, Pilates, cardio, elliptical training, stair stepping, floor climbing, indoor rowing, bouldering, eBiking, eMountain Biking, indoor biking.
- Includes built-in outdoor sports apps for running, outdoor track running, trail Running,virtual running, ultra running, biking, road biking, mountain biking, gravel biking, bike commuting, bike touring, cyclocross, pool swimming, open water swimming, swimming/running, golfing, hiking, climbing, skiing, snowboarding, backcountry skiing, XC classic skiing, XC skate skiing, stand up paddleboarding, rowing, kayaking, snowshoeing, mapping, navigating, tennis, pickleball, padel, track me, project waypoint.
- Multi-frequency positioning
- Garmin Elevate™ Wrist Heart Rate Monitor
- Barometric Altimeter
- Pulse Ox Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor
Garmin upgraded the Forerunner 955 to be their most advanced GPS running and triathlon smartwatch ever. New features include:
- Longer battery life including Solar options.
- Touch screen and side control buttons
- Multi-band GPS
- Heart rate variability
- Training Readiness
- Race widget
- Morning report
- On-device running power
5/5 on 1 total reviews
I'm still learning this watch and it's still learning me (e.g. HRV, suggested workouts and VO2 Max), but overall I'm very happy. The battery life and song capacity are both high and it's much more accurate than my old watch for activities and GPS. I would definitely buy it again.