Garmin Forerunner 255S
Get all of your running insights on your wrist with this small, lightweight GPS smartwatch to train harder and smarter.
Train harder and smarter with the Garmin Forerunner 255S.
This GPS running watch is light on your wrist, but full of training and recovery features to help you achieve your goals. The Forerunner 255S features easy-to-use buttons and a silicone band in a smaller package than the Forerunner 255, so that it fits and performs perfectly on your wrist for those sweaty workouts. This watch accesses multiple global navigation satellite systems to track your runs, walks, bikes, swims and more. It has over 30 different activity profiles that it can track, which now includes triathlons.
You can track your distance, pace, elevation, heart rate and more for each run to help you train better. Not only can you create workouts and send them to your watch, but the Forerunner 255S has daily suggested workouts and course details on its race widget to help you train your best. Plus, Garmin improved the battery life of the Forerunner 255S, so you can train up to 26 hours in GPS mode or wear it for up to 12 days in smartwatch mode before needing to recharge.
Stay safe on your runs, thanks to LiveTrack, which lets friends and family follow your real-time location and view your pre-planned course. Plus, If you feel unsafe or if your watch senses that an incident occurred, the assistance and incident detection features send your location to emergency contacts.
The Garmin Forerunner 255S is great to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle—it tracks your steps, stress level, heart rate, sleep and more, so you know how your body is moving and recovering throughout the day. Plus, you can receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch when paired with your Apple® or Android™ smartphone. You can even respond to texts if you have an Android phone, so you can leave your phone on the charger and enjoy life without worrying about missing an important text or phone call.
Not only is the Garmin Forerunner 255S fashionable enough for everyday wear, but it’s powerful enough to be your everyday running companion thanks to the host of training and recovery insights.
Not sure which Garmin is right for you? Check out our guide to choosing the best Garmin watch for you.
Want a larger watch? Look at the Garmin Forerunner 255.
Garmin Forerunner 255S
41 x 41 x 12.4 (mm), display is 1.1" (27.5mm) diameter
5 ATM; waterproof
Heart Rate Monitor
Yes; wrist-based monitor
Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
Yes (iPhone, Android); Smart notifications
18mm with quick release straps
Heath and Wellness Features
- Monitor respiration, Pulse Ox, stress, fitness age, stress monitoring advanced sleep (with sleep stages), relaxation breathing timer and 24/7 heart rate (with user-configurable alerts for high or low readings).
- Wrist-based heart rate monitor that will give you alerts for abnormally high or low heart rates.
- Monitor activity throughout the day with step counting, calories burned, intensity minutes and more.
- Body Battery energy monitoring shows the body’s current energy level, which can help with scheduling workouts, big events and understanding when it is time to slow down.
Sport App Activities
- Includes built-in indoor sports apps for yoga, strength, HIIT, Pilates, cardio, elliptical training, stair stepping, floor climbing, indoor rowing, treadmill running, indoor track running, indoor biking and pool swimming.
- Includes built-in outdoor sports apps for hiking, skiing, snowboarding, XC skiing, stand up paddleboarding, rowing, running, track running, trail running, virtual running, ultra running, biking, mountain biking, eBiking, eMountain biking, triathlon, pool swimming and open water swimming.
The Garmin Forerunner 255S includes GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, multi-frequency positioning, Garmin Elevate™ wrist heart rate monitors, barometric altimeter, compass, gyroscope, accelerometer, thermometer and Pulse Ox blood oxygen saturation monitor.
There are many updates to the Garmin Forerunner 255S. Garmin added some of the features from the Forerunner 745 and 945 to the Forerunner 255S, including:
- Training status and benefit
- Training load
- Lactate threshold
- Daily suggested workouts
- Open and auto intervals
- RPE & Feel
- Improved recovery time
- Triathlon activity profile
Other improvements to the Forerunner 255S include:
- Morning report: Garmin provides a summary of your sleep, recovery and training outlook first thing in the morning with HRV status and weather.
- HRV status: Heart Rate Variability status is based on technology developed by the Firstbeat Analytics™ team that can help you gain insights on your recovery and performance.
- Race widget: Your Garmin can help you prepare for your goal race with training tips, personalized daily suggested workouts and time predictions for the race based on course details, weather and performance.
- Running power on watch: When using a Running Dynamics Pod or HRM-Pro™ monitor, you can get a continuous measurement on your wrist of how much power you’re applying to the road as you run, so you can manage your effort.
- Garmin Pay 2.0: Need a bottle of water on your run, but don’t have your wallet? No worries with Garmin Pay you can just pay for it with your watch.
- Dual-band GPS: Access multiple global navigation satellite systems and get access to multiple frequencies sent by navigation satellites for improved accuracy in areas where GNSS signals are reflected, weak or typically don't penetrate.
- Additional battery life: Up to 26 hours in GPS-Only GNSS mode and 12 days in smartwatch mode.
Popular GPS Watches + Heart Rate Monitors
4.5/5 on 2 total reviews
Fantastic watch, does the job it was intended to do. It's very light and comfortable. My experience using it has been that it needs to be recharged every ~4 days. 5 stars if it could go for ~6.
Ordered the forerunner 255 here when I couldn't find it anywhere else, received it in a timely manner and couldn't be happier with the product. Will shop here again.
Join our Newsletter
Get deals, events, and more.
Connect with Fleet Feet
Get involved on social media.
Find a Location
Fleet Feet has over 250 locations nationwide!Find a Store