The Garmin fenix 7s has the latest technologies to let you track your workouts and help you perform better.
This model comes in a smaller watch form that fits and looks better on smaller wrists than other fenix 7 watches. Don’t be fooled by its size, however, the fenix 7s packs a punch with the same cutting-edge performance features as the other fenix watches.
The updated and ultratough design features a 1.2” display that is tested to U.S. military standards for thermal, shock and water resistance. The new fenix 7s features both trusted button controls that work in any environment and a responsive touchscreen interface, so you can quickly access your app selections.
Downloadable topographical maps and navigation sensors help you track your runs better than ever before, so getting lost is a thing of the past. You can access multiple global navigation satellite systems (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) that give you the most accurate readings and can track your run in more challenging environments than GPS alone.
The fenix 7s tracks pretty much everything you can think of during your runs, including pace, distance, heat and altitude adjusted VO2 Max, heart rate, trail running adjustment, recovery advisor, real-time stamina data, and other advanced training metrics.
There are some great features on the fenix 7s to help you race too. A visual race predictor gives you an estimate of what your pace could be for the distance you want to run based on your past performances. Garmin also developed PacePro™, which keeps you on pace during your race with grade-adjusted guidance. Plus, the “Up Ahead” feature shows you selected map or course information for what’s coming up ahead, including aid stations, upcoming distance/elevation, and key trail points.
The fenix 7s has all of the great features you know and love from Garmin. Smart notifications appear on the phone, so you will always get text messages or alerts. You can listen to your music with 16GB of storage, and WiFi connectivity, Garmin Pay, and the battery life in the fenix 7s is great to tackle even all-day adventures.
Not sure which Garmin is right for you? Check out our guide to choosing the best Garmin watch for you.
Looking for a larger watch or more battery life? Check out the fenix 7.
Garmin fenix 7s
42 x 14mm
10 ATM; waterproof
Heart Rate Monitor
Yes; wrist-based monitor
Corning® Gorilla® Glass DX
Yes (iPhone, Android); Smart notifications
20mm with quick release straps
Heath and Wellness Features
- Monitor respiration, Pulse Ox, stress, advanced sleep (with sleep stages), hydration logging and 24/7 heart rate (with user-configurable alerts for high or low readings).
- Wrist-based heart rate monitor that will give you alerts for abnormally high or low heart rates.
- Monitor activity throughout the day with step counting, calories burned, intensity minutes and more.
- Body Battery energy monitoring shows the body’s current energy level which can help with scheduling workouts, big events, and understanding when it is time to slow down.
- Women’s health features, including menstrual cycle tracking and pregnancy tracking, support women during each stage of their reproductive cycle with the ability to log symptoms alongside their other health and wellness data in the Garmin Connect app.
- Breathwork activities guide the user through a relaxing series of breaths and holds for focus and stress relief.
Sport App Activities
- Includes built-in indoor sports apps for yoga, strength, Pilates, cardio, treadmill, cycling, pool swimming, elliptical training, stair stepping, treadmill, indoor track and breathwork.
- Includes built-in outdoor sports apps for hiking, indoor climbing, bouldering, climbing, mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, xc skiing, stand up paddleboarding, rowing, kayaking, surfing, hunting, jumpmaster, tactical, kiteboard, windsurf, snowshoe, running, track running, treadmill running, indoor track running, trail running, virtual running, ultra running, biking, indoor biking, mountain biking, triathlon, pool swimming, open water swimming and swimming/running
- Golf features include being preloaded with 42,000 golf courses worldwide
- Download TopoActive maps from around the world to keep your explorations on track. Use built-in Wi-Fi connectivity to easily load and update maps and software without using a computer.
- SKIVIEW™ MAPS - Take on the slopes with preloaded SkiView maps, and view run names and difficulty ratings for more than 2,000 ski resorts worldwide.
There are many updates to the fenix 7s. Physically, Garmin made the fenix 7 thinner and added button guards to all of the buttons, so you are less likely to accidentally press a button. Additional software includes:
- Worldwide downloadable maps
- Music capabilities, WiFi and Garmin Pay Support
- Touchscreen display as well as buttons
- GPS Only mode to increase battery life
- Garmin ELEVATE GEN 4 optical HR sensor with a glass-cover to increase durability
- New “Map Manager” feature to manage/download maps on watch
- New “Up Ahead” features for distances to markers such as aidstations or climbs that were predetermined
- RealTime Stamina feature
- Race Predictor
- Garmin Connect IQ store on watch
- Pre-loaded Skiing and Golf Maps
- Added Kiteboard and Windsurf Sports Type (and SpeedPro function for Windsurfing)