With hundreds of running clubs throughout NYC, you’ll have no trouble finding a group you vibe with and a schedule that works with yours. We’ve highlighted some of the groups Fleet Feet NYC partners with and sees out and about on a regular basis. Some of these groups are free, some may have a membership fee.
- Dyckman Run Club runs in the Washington Heights area of northern Manhattan, north of Harlem. Also known as DRC, this group offers a premium membership, a dedicated group chat, access to weekly and biweekly workouts, speed workouts and training programs, and other private events. DRC also offers a free, weekly group run to promote fitness and healthy habits.
- The New York Flyers is one of the oldest and largest run clubs in NYC with a small-club feel. Group runs take place in Central Park and Prospect Park multiple days per week, plus they host long runs through NYC neighborhoods and training programs throughout the year. New York Flyers long runs and events are open to members and non-members. These are free or discounted for club members. Membership is a little more than the cost to join a single long run, so why not join?
- North Brooklyn Runners (NBR) is a free running club offering more than 20 runs per week, including easy runs, track workouts, tempo runs and long runs.
- Streets 101 offers free community runs and a paid membership with access to training plans, coach-led workouts, gear, discounts and more.
- Part of the NY Road Runners, Central Park Running Club is a free, social run club for athletes who like to have fun. All paces at all distances are welcome, and all workouts are free. The club meets Tuesday and Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at The Loeb Boathouse.