Since 2009, Black Girls RUN! (BGR!) has encouraged Black women to make fitness and healthy living a priority. According to the Centers for Disease Control, 80 percent of Black women are overweight. BGR! focuses on programming, resources and community built around running with the goal of lowering that percentage.
In 2022, BGR!, Fleet Feet and Saucony partnered on the Share the Run virtual challenge, which resulted in more than 13,000 participants and $30,000 for the Black Girls RUN! Foundation. Fleet Feet and BGR! also worked together to create more local connections between BGR! Chapters and Fleet Feet stores.
Additionally, BGR! spent 2022 growing their reach and empowering more women. Their achievements include:
- Hosted Sweat With Your Sole 2022 Conference and race weekend in Charlotte, NC
- Increased membership by 20K
- Increased IG following by over 3K
- Increased FB following by over 5K
- Supported 20+ run coordinators and members in their run coaching certification expenses
- Graduated 200+ women in 4 cohorts through the BGR! U Training program
- Launched four year sponsorship with Saucony
- Hosted the 3rd annual eRace Racism Virtual Challenge
- Began national partnership with Fairlife
- Received $20K grant from Sistafund and $2500 from Virginia Capital Trail Foundation