NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The MARINE CORPS MARATHON (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 10:00 am ET on July 15 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on August 15 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the continental United States and D.C. who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older on or prior to the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, Administrator or any Brand Sponsor and their affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, wholesalers, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising agencies, legal representatives, promotion and judging agencies and their immediate family members (parent, child, spouse, and siblings) and persons living in the households of each are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Subject to the limitations below and herein, during the Sweepstakes Period, you will be entered into the Sweepstakes by redeeming 50 “Miles” you have accumulated through our rewards program by following instructions for Miles redemption at https://www.fleetfeet.com. Terms and conditions of our rewards program apply; please visit https://www.fleetfeet.com/term... for applicable terms and conditions. Alternatively, you can enter by hand-printing your name, complete home address, daytime phone number, date of birth and the words “MARINE CORPS MARATHON” on a 3” by 5” card. Mail the card to “MARINE CORPS MARATHON”, 310 East Main Street, Suite 200, Carrboro, North Carolina 27510-2461. Each 3"x 5" card must be submitted in a separate, hand-addressed, stamped envelope. IMPORTANT: All mail-in entries must be postmarked by August 12 2019 and received by August 15 2019. No responsibility is assumed for lost, late, mutilated, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or postage due entries and such entries will be void. Eligible entries submitted via Miles redemption and eligible entries submitted via postcard shall be given equal weight in the random drawing; utilizing one entry method over another will not increase your chances of winning. Entries will not be carried forward from or to any other sweepstakes operated by the Administrator, Sponsor or Brand Sponsors. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
3. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) winner (“Winner”) will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about August 15 2019. The drawing will be from among all eligible entries received. The Winner will be notified by phone call, email or a traceable, delivery service on or about August 16 2019. Random drawing will be conducted by the Administrator of the Sweepstakes whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. In the event a Prize winner is determined to be ineligible, cannot be reached, or is otherwise unable to claim his or her prize, Administrator, at its sole discretion, may either award such Prize to an alternate winner selected from among the remaining eligible entries, or not award such Prize. Limit one (1) Prize per eligible entrant.
4. PRIZE: The Winner will receive one (1) MARINE CORPS MARATHON ENTRY (the “Prize” or the “MARINE CORPS MARATHON ENTRY”) for the Winner. The Prize consists of round trip coach air transportation for the Winner from the major US commercial airport nearest the Winner’s primary residence selected by Adminstrator to a major US commercial airport near Washington, DC, two nights standard hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy) selected by Administrator, such airfare and hotel accommodations towards which Sponsor will apply no more than $1,200, and any charges above such amount will be the sole responsibility of Winner, and one entry for the Winner into the Marine Corps Marathon (the “Event”). Approximate retail value (ARV) of the Prize: $1,380. The actual value may vary based on winner's point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between the estimated value and the actual value will not be awarded. The Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be transferred or exchanged for cash.
The trip must be taken between October 25 2019 and October 29 2019. The trip must be booked at least thirty (30) days prior to departure. Seats and dates of departure and return are subject to availability and blackout dates. All expenses on the receipt and use of the prize not specifically mentioned herein, including but not limited to taxes, tips, gratuities, additional meals, beverages, airport taxes, additional transportation, customs fees and 9/11 security fees, baggage fees, and other miscellaneous expenses, are solely the responsibility of Winner and his or her Companion. In the event of non-compliance with any requirement in these Official Rules, or if the chosen winner is not available for travel on the dates designated by Administrator, Prize will be forfeited. Other restrictions may apply. No responsibility is assumed for cancelled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events (including airline flights beyond its control). Winner is solely responsible for obtaining all necessary identification required to travel, including any applicable visas or passports. Major credit card will be required from winner upon hotel check-in to cover any incidental charges incurred by winner and/or guest. Travel must be roundtrip. Travel package does not include transportation to the location of air travel departure and other miscellaneous expenses, including meals. Selection of travel arrangements, including airline and itinerary, accommodations and meals are in Sponsor's discretion and are subject to availability, government restrictions and regulations, airport or other transportation terminal or other types of transportation restrictions and regulations. Other restrictions may apply, including those imposed by the airline. Winner and his or her Companion, if applicable, must travel together on the same itinerary. Winner of the Prize may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility and sign a release prior to or after receiving the Prize at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and where legal. If applicable, Companion accompanying Winner must sign and return release of liability/publicity prior to booking of travel (where legal). If applicable, Companion must be twenty-one (21) years or older. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash equivalent or substitution of the Prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Odds of winning the Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All determinations made by Sponsor with respect to the Sweepstakes, the Prize or the interpretation of the Official Rules are final and binding. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of Sponsor (which decisions shall be final and binding in all respects), including without limitation decisions regarding eligibility, winners and the interpretation of terms used in these Official Rules; (b) represent and warrant that all information provided by entrant in connection with the Sweepstakes is true, accurate and complete; and (c) agree to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. In the event of any conflict between any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in any Sweepstakes advertising materials, the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. Sweepstakes is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited. If requested by Sponsor or Administrator, Prize winners must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, an IRS Form W-9, a Liability Release and, where permitted, a Publicity Release at the time of receipt of the Prize, or, at Sponsor’s option, within seven (7) days from the date of receipt of such forms from the Sponsor. Failure to comply with such requirements, if requested by Sponsor, shall result in the Prize being forfeited, or if already received by the Prize winner, in the Prize being returned to Sponsor. Prize winners will be solely responsible for all applicable local, state, or federal taxes on prizes. No responsibility is assumed for inability of a Prize winner, for any reason, to be present at the participating location to receive the Prize on the date of the Event at such time as set by Sponsor or such other date and time designated by Sponsor. Failure to comply with these requirements and Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes. In the event of a Prize winner’s disqualification or failure to be present to receive the Prize, Sponsor reserves the right to select an eligible participant to receive the Prize or to not award the Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to: (i) permanently disqualify from the Sweepstakes any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules; or (ii) substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. If Sweepstakes is terminated before the end of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, determine the winners from all eligible entries received as of the termination date, or otherwise not award the Prizes. Entry constitutes consent to the use of a Prize winner's name, voice, picture and/or likeness without compensation for promotional purposes to the extent allowed by law.
6. MARATHON/RACE/OTHER EVENT CONDITIONS: Your eligibility for the Event will be determined by those terms and conditions applicable to the administrator or sponsor of the Event. Fleet Feet cannot guarantee that if you are a Winner of the Sweepstakes, that the Event will accept your participation or entrance into the Event. Fleet Feet will provide no substitution or refunds if the Event is cancelled or delayed. Winner [and Companion] agree to assume all risks associated with participation in the Event, including risk of illness, injury, or death.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating, you release Sponsor, Administrator and all Brand Sponsors, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their partners, employees, directors, officers, members, managers, agents, advertising agencies, legal representatives and all others associated with the development and execution of this Sweepstakes, from and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in the Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of a Prize, and you agree that these entities or persons are not responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the promotion, a Prize and/or the awarding of any prize other than as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. By entering the Sweepstakes, you further agree that (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to reasonable and actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney's fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, indirect or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for reasonable and actual out-of-pocket expenses.
8. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved by the appropriate court located in North Carolina. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of North Carolina or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than that of North Carolina.
11. WINNERS' NAMES: To receive the names of the prize winner, please mail a self-addressed stamped envelope, postmarked by February 15 2020 and received no later than February 25 2020, to Attention:MARINE CORPS MARATHON, 310 East Main Street, Suite 200, Carrboro, NC 27510.
12. SPONSOR; ADMINISTRATOR; BRAND SPONSORS: The Sponsor and Administrator is Fleet Feet, Incorporated, 310 East Main Street, Suite 200, Carrboro, NC 27510. The Brand Sponsor is Brooks Running Co, 3400 Stone Way N, Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98103.