Accountable for the overall leadership of the Fleet Feet Vacaville location, developing the team and the business. Success in this role is achieved by putting people first and maximizing sales and profitability through implementing brand initiatives and systems while closely managing operating costs. Fleet Feet is looking for a results-inspired leader to be accountable for the overall store, customer, and community experience. Store Managers are accountable for developing and building a positive and inclusive culture in and around the business while contributing to the overall running culture in the community.
When you join Fleet Feet, you are joining a community that ignites and promotes running and fitness. If you are looking to work, sweat, and live passionately through leadership and service to the community, let us know why, by applying today.
- Work to continuously build a strong customer base by designing and implementing store events and programs; identifying marketing and promotional opportunities through the use of advertising, sales promotion, space, and floor planning; utilize forecasting to ensure sales, stock holding, margin, and availability is optimized.
- Implement brand initiatives, systems and best practices at the local store level.
- Lead and influence the community by developing relationships with local leaders in business, non-profit and running organizations, and more.
- Utilize coaching, counseling, and corrective action techniques to enhance employee performance.
- Identify and coach employees with potential to grow within the Fleet Feet brand.
- Be the leader in customer engagement and education as it relates to proper fit, product usage, and injury treatment and prevention.
- Proactively respond to customer and employee questions and issues in a timely, professional manner.
- Be the community leader and resource as it relates to maintaining an active lifestyle and health and wellness.
- Other duties as required and directed by the Owners and General Manager to ensure legal compliance, and the continued success of the Fleet Feet brand. These may, on occasion, be unrelated to the position described here.
- Must be comfortable providing an extremely high level of customer service at all times
- Prior management experience in a retail environment preferred
- Must have a passion for health, wellness & fitness
- Running specialty experience is ideal but not necessary, will train the right individual
- Eagerness to learn and stay on top of new products and innovations
- Weekend availability and general flexibility with scheduling
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time
- The ability to climb, reach, bend and lift up to 50 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Fleet Feet is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. That is why we prioritize diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices, our culture, and our engagement with the community.
Interested? Reach out using the form below!