Buying running shoes online can be hard. We're here to help make it easier.
Finding the right pair is essential for comfortable, happy miles. While nothing beats our unique, in-store outfitting process, we can help you find the right gear for you from the comfort of your home.
Just starting out? Purchase a pair built for everyday training. Looking to break your PR? Shop for models tuned for speed.
Here are our top 5 tips for choosing the perfect running shoes:
- Plan Ahead: Looking to get into a consistent running routine? Or maybe take on your first race? No matter your goals, create a plan around the surface you want to train on and how you want to feel while you’re running.
- Get Started By Walking: Most of the shoes on the market are great to walk in, and walking is often a segue for beginning runners as you feel out the way your body moves for prolonged periods of time.
- Learn How You Move: The natural alignment of your joints and the degree to which you pronate can make a big difference in your search to support your run. Using our in-store fit process or at-home wear analysis can help you determine how much you pronate and what kind of gear you need.
- Find Your Fit: Generally speaking, you'll want a thumb’s width of space between the end of your toes and the tip of the shoe. Your foot should feel secure from heel to toe, without any squeezing or pinching. Pay attention to the way your foot aligns over the midsole, too, to determine if you need a wider size.
- Put On Some Miles: Once you find the pair with the support you need and a comfortable fit, hit the road! The average running shoe lasts about 300 miles for regular runners.