All Balega running socks are manufactured with the best U.S.-made performance yarn in state-of-the-art facilities in Cape Town, South Africa and Hickory, North Carolina. They work tirelessly to perfect running socks.
All Balega socks have the following characteristics to ensure the perfect fit:
- Contoured fit: Balega running socks fit snug and don't move on your foot. Movement causes irritation; irritation causes blisters. They offer four sizes to ensure the perfect fit.
- Deep heel pocket: Balega knits up to 30% more stitches and adds more branches into the heel, ensuring your heel is fully protected and the lateral stretch from bridge to heel is optimal.
- Seamless comfort: Seams cause friction; friction causes blisters. The toe seams are hand-linked for ultimate seam-free comfort.
- Ventilation panels: Moisture is another cause of blisters. Strategically-placed ventilation panels aid the cooling and wicking process for a clean, dry fit, making all Balega running socks moisture-wicking socks.
- Expert craftsmanship: Every pair of Balega socks is hand-inspected by our dedicated quality inspection teams and pre-washed before packing.
In South Africa, there is a Zulu word that expresses what unites us all—our shared humanity. That word is Ubuntu. At Balega, they proudly live the Ubuntu spirit by working every day for those less fortunate with a number of charities that give back, including helping disable students in South Africa at the Ethembeni School, Breast Cancer Prevention Partners and Veterans in Need.